Eight-year-old girl killed in Donald Trump’s first anti-terror raid

“Other children in the same house were killed”, al-Awlaki said.
The senior military official said the 8-year-old girl, Nawar al-Awlaki, also known as Nora, was among the noncombatants killed in the raid, which also resulted in the death of several Yemeni women.Spicer’s declaration indicating that the USA would take that option off the table came after NBC News reported that Awlaki’s 8-year-old daughter, an American citizen, was killed by US troops in a counterterrorism raid earlier this month in Yemen.Initial reports conducted by the elite special operations force that carried out the mission found no evidence of civilian casualties but a U.S. official told CNN that subsequent intelligence led the military to believe that there was a high likelihood that some civilians were killed.Anwar al-Awlaki, a US citizen, was killed by a drone on September 30, 2011, in Yemen.Karen Greenberg, director of Fordham University’s Center on National Security, told NBC News al-Qaeda will most definitely use the death of al-Awlaki’s daughter in anti-U.S. propaganda.Several SEALs were injured when the MV-22 Osprey bringing them to the site landed badly, and the aircraft had to be destroyed. An official told NBC, “Almost everything went wrong”.

Thousands turn up to ‘Invasion day’ protests in major cities
Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation it was political correctness “out of control”. So, Australians, drink up and celebrate, and don’t let the hang-ups of the white-guilt crew ruin your day.
This was the president’s first clandestine strike, and not one that was originally ordered by former President Obama.AQAP said in a statement that Abdul Rauf al-Dhahab, one of its leaders, was killed in the fighting. But two Americans died in Sunday’s attack, and one of them was a little girl who joins her older brother – also an innocent American child – and her father, an American radical Islamist cleric, as fatal victims of USA bombs and bullets.The remark represented a departure from the policy of former President Barack Obama, who obtained a legal memo justifying a 2011 strike that killed US citizen and accused al-Qaeda strategist Anwar al-Awlaki in Yemen. They burned the house.Image caption Reports say Nawar al-Awlaki was killed.On Sunday, the US military conducted a raid in southern Yemen that was reportedly meant to capture “information that [would] likely provide insight into the planning of future terror plots” from Al Qaeda operatives.SEAL Team 6 conducted the operation against al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula’s Yakla’ district compound on Saturday, where Pentagon spokesman Capt. Jeff Davis said the SEALs encountered “a lot of female combatants that were a part of this”.Her 16-year-old brother, Abdulrahman, was killed by another USA drone strike two weeks after her father was killed.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

*